This page lists and/or directs to resources available to our community during the coronavirus outbreak. Resources will be updated regularly.
Click here to view WHQR's news coverage of the coronavirus.
- With New Hanover County, the Chamber has set up a Business Emergency Operations Center. The dedicated number for this Center is 910-762-2611. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is for any business in the region in need of assistance.
- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services opened up a hotline in partnership with the State Child Care Resource and Referral Network. The Department is offering the hotline to help critical workers find childcare options for kids up to 12 years old. Examples of these workers are grocery store employees, healthcare workers, and first responders. The hotline’s number is 1-888-600-1685.
- Grocery and other retail stores are not included in mandatory closures and continue to operate while maintaining guidance of social distancing and increased cleanliness.
- Food and supplies are available and many establishments are dedicating time to older adults and those with underlying health concerns to shop during quiet times to reduce risk.
- Residents are encouraged to support local business while adhering to guidance to reduce risk, such as using online services, purchasing gift cards and ordering take out or delivery.
- Trillium is offering a 24hr helpline - 1-877-685-2415
Restaurants, Dine-out and Delivery:
- For the most up-to-date list of restaurants and their modified hours and modes of operation, please visit Wilmington Downtown Inc .
- To find out who’s doing takeout, go to Wilmington Chamber of Commerce’s Wilmington Takeout Takeover.
- Until further notice, Wave Transit has suspended fare collection for all fixed route bus service. Boardings will be moved to the rear door of buses. Front door ramp access will be reserved for people with disabilities. WAVE has also closed all their transfer facilities.
- To apply for unemployment insurance, visit the NC Department of Commerce’s website. There is specific information for filing due to COVID-19.
- Financial assistance help through Help Hub, by calling 910-769-5357.
- If you are a student or faculty member of UNCW and have questions about COVID-19, contact the Student Health Center at 910-962-3280 or 910-962-0587 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Counseling Center's number is 910-962-3746,