Latest Local News
Wilmington’s city council members again aired grievances about the city’s inequitable relationship with New Hanover County at the Monday, April 19th agenda briefing.
On this edition of Coastline, we meet two people from this community. One woman, one man. One in mid-life. One a young adult. They both live in the Cape Fear region. And while neither of them would say they feel despised or hunted or under attack here, they still must think about how mainstream local residents might respond to them. And this – the constant, necessary vigilance is the part that should not have been – but was news to this journalist.
On the latest edition of our new program, The Newsroom, host and WHQR Managing Editor Benjamin Schachtman sits down with Wilmington City Councilman Kevin…
More Local News
- Another active hurricane season is looming, according to NC State researchers
- Former state official killed in care home; lawsuit alleges neglect
- Déjà vu: Affordable housing study tells officials what most already know, so now what?
- $31-million contract awarded to repair Wilmington’s federal courthouse, damaged in Hurricane Florence
- NHCS Board votes to pull Rick Holliday's name from stadium
- CDC and FDA recommend pausing J&J vaccine, here’s what’s affected locally
Culture / Arts
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: Opera House Theatre Company
- Announcing the Spring Drive T-Shirt design winner!
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: Dreams Center for Arts Education
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: Azalea Festival
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: New Elements Gallery
- (Virtual) Prologue: "Surviving Savannah" by Patti Callahan Henry, May 10th
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Missing Crewmembers Of Capsized Boat Off Louisiana
- State Department To Issue Travel Warnings Amid 'Unprecedented' COVID-19 Risks
- Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick Died Of Natural Causes, Medical Examiner Rules
- Jurors Have The Case In Chauvin Trial; Prosecutors Ended With Call For Common Sense
- What Security Looks Like Amid Protests In The Minneapolis Area
- Philadelphia's Imbalanced Vaccination Rates Fueled By Lack Of Access