WHQR’s Coronavirus Community Resources
This page lists and/or directs to resources available to our community during the coronavirus outbreak. Resources will be updated regularly.
Click here to view WHQR's news coverage of the coronavirus.
- With New Hanover County, the Chamber has set up a Business Emergency Operations Center. The dedicated number for this Center is 910-762-2611. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is for any business in the region in need of assistance.
- NC Hope Program - For residents who are behind on rent or utilities due to Covid-19
- NCDHHS: Families can call the child care hotline (1-888-600-1685) to find local care options for infants through children age 12. Click here for more information.
- NCDHHS Child Care Information for Families
- Optum has a toll-free 24-hour Emotional Support Help Line at 1-866-342-6892
- Trillium is offering a 24hr helpline - 1-877-685-2415
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Wilmington (NAMI)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Hope4NC Helpline: 1-855-587-3463
- Hope4Healers Helpline (for first responders, healthcare workers on the frontlines of state's COVID-19 response) - 919-226-2002
- NCDHHS: COVID-19: Managing Your Overall Health
- Red Cross Virtual Family Assistance Center, for grieving families
Restaurants, Dine-out and Delivery:
- Take Out Central partners with locally owned restaurants to provide delivery service in Wilmington
- To find out who’s doing takeout, go to Wilmington Chamber of Commerce’s Wilmington Takeout Takeover
- Click here to find out the latest about WAVE's transportation routes.
- To apply for unemployment insurance, visit the NC Department of Commerce’s website. There is specific information for filing due to COVID-19.
- Financial assistance help through Help Hub, by calling 910-769-5357.
- If you are a student or faculty member of UNCW and have questions about COVID-19, contact the Student Health Center at 910-962-3280 or 910-962-0587 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Counseling Center's number is 910-962-3746.
Recovered COVID-19 patients can choose to donate their plasma to the Red Cross