WHQR Seeking Broadcast and Digital Marketing Producer - 2018
POSITION TITLE: WHQR Broadcast and Digital Marketing Producer
LOCATION: WHQR, 254 N. Front St., Ste. 300, Wilmington, NC 28401
SUPERVISOR(S): George Scheibner, Operations Manager Michelle Rhinesmith, Station ManagerCLASSIFICATION: Part Time Support - 20 hrs. a week, $12 an hour
This is a part-time position not to exceed more than 20 hours a week, at $12 an hour. The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
- Proven experience in working with professional audio equipment and computers
- Proven knowledge of radio station operations and the FCC rules
- Must hold a valid North Carolina driver’s license
- Ability to electronically edit material, prepare for broadcast, and change programming in the automation system
- Knowledge of Audio Vault, Radio Traffic, Adobe Audition and/or Digital Services is preferred but not required
- Ability to record and produce broadcast announcements and market WHQR effectively through social media, ie Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as with others and be self-motivated
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
The essential job functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Properly using editing and program automation tools in order to maintain high standards of sound quality, scheduling of on-air announcements and the massaging of broadcast playlist(s)
- Producing fundraising segments for broadcast during WHQR membership pledge drives
- Assisting with digital marketing of streaming devices.
This includes editing and posting written material to the WHQR website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and making sure the site is up to date with the latest information.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Producing traffic logs and providing assistance with operational duties
- Helping design effective e-blasts and newsletters
- Working with the membership department on fundraising material
- Adding promotional content to the WHQR website and app, and the WHQR Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Friends of Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should the position go full-time in the future, it will be advertised and the person in the part-time position will be able to apply for the full-time position.
To apply, send electronic versions of cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review to begin January 1, 2018. Open until filled.