Summer Stealth Drive 2016: WE DID IT!
Thanks to YOU we have reached our fundraising goal of $70,000 in under three weeks!
WHQR’s second Stealth Drive campaign ended at 11:05 am today, July 15, 2016, four days ahead of schedule and over the $70,000 goal ($70,225 raised). As a result, WHQR has been able to cancel the traditional on-air fundraising drive that would have begun Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
This Summer Stealth Drive was also record-breaking for WHQR: ending four days early when we hit the goal. We raised this money from 504 donors.
WHQR’s Summer Stealth Drive began June 27, 2015 and ran through July 15 at 11:05am. The idea was to not interrupt programming at all and raise the entire summer goal with no traditional on-air fundraiser. Through brief on-air promos in program breaks, social media and a mail campaign, listeners were encouraged to donate online at whqr.org.
WHQR is very pleased with the response. Development Director Mary Bradley says, “We are extremely gratified by our community’s reaction and the outpouring of encouragement. Clearly, our listeners support this kind of fundraising and, of course, no program interruptions. We are so incredibly thankful for all of the gifts and wonderful show of support.”
Station Manager Cleve Callison says, “For the second year, our listeners have enthusiastically supported the concept of a Summer Stealth Drive that didn’t interrupt programming. We’re very grateful to all the wonderful listeners who responded to this win-win effort.”
WEEK 1 PRIZES (Monday, July 4th at 7:01 pm and Monday, July 11th at 7 pm)
- $500 Gift Certificate to Albert F. Rhodes Jewelers
- $500 Gift Certificate to Pomegranate Books
- $500 Gift Certificate to Protocol
- $500 Gift Certificate to The Transplanted Garden
WEEK 2 PRIZES (Monday, June 27th at 12:01 am. and Monday, July 4th at 7 pm)
- $500 Gift Certificate to Learning Express Toys
- $500 to Spectrum Fine Jewelry
- $500 Gift Certificate to Wilmington Optometry Eyewear
- $500 Gift Certificate to Whole Foods Market
WEEK 3 PRIZE (we are also giving away an iPad Air between Monday, July 11th at 7:01 pm and Monday, July 18th at 11:59 pm)
- Thin and solid architecture
- 9.7 inch Retina Display, providing much higher quality images than HDTV
- 10 hours of battery life
- Ultrafast Wireless
- Powerful Apps included, Over 500,000 Apps available
- Email, surf the web, play music and video, read books, play games, and more!
Pledge Drive Sweepstakes Rules:
* To enter without making a pledge, please call (910) 343-1640 during business hours.