3rd Annual Wilmington Jewish Film Festival: Sunday, 5/1 Through Wednesday 5/11
The Wilmington Jewish Festivalkeeps growing, this year offering 8 feature films + 8 shorts. The Festival kickoff on Sunday, May 1st features Labyrinth of Lies at 3:00 at Thalian Hall, followed by a buffet reception in the ballroom.
The selections are wide-ranging in topic and style, from the drama The Last Mentsch about a man who concealed his Jewish past for years, to the documentary Raise the Roof about the 10-year project to rebuild the Gwozdziec Synagogue, to the comic Dough about an old Jewish baker whose Muslim apprentice accidentally drops cannabis in the dough.
The Festival organizers encourage discussion about the films and many include Q&A. All the weekday films are followed by a dessert reception, while the Sunday screenings offer buffets. To see more about the films, click here, and watch this brief Festival video. Tickets are available for the entire festival or for individual screenings through the Thalian Hall Box Office, online or at the door.
- Labyrinth of Lies, Sunday 5/1 @ 3:00
- Marvin Hamlisch: What He Did for Love, Monday 5/2 @700
- Dough, Tuesday 5/3 @7:00
- Once in a Lifetime, Wednesday 5/4 @7:00
- Noodle Sunday, Sunday 5/8 @3:00
- The Last Mentsch, Monday 5/9 @7:00
- Raise the Roof, Tuesday 5/10 @7:00
- Beneath the Helmet, Wednesday 5/11 @700