A Powerful Vision. An Empowering Mission.
Help WHQR emPower Our Future
Our campaign to fund one-time improvements at WHQR Public Radio had a goal of $1.5 million.
WE'RE NOW OVER THE GOAL!
Help us hit the goal by December 31st!
HELP US EXCEED THE GOAL - CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR DONATION RIGHT NOW.
You can emPower Our Future by making your gift HERE.
For additional details on how you can emPower Our Future, email Jeff Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public radio equals public service. From delivering entertainment, music, and news programs to providing emergency information, WHQR plays a part in the life of our community.
To serve our community, it's vital that we continue to grow and increase our ability to serve our listeners.
emPowering Our Future is a multi-year strategic plan governed by the following four goals:
- Strengthen our program service
- Engage the community in everything we do
- Build a sustainable organization
- Utilize the power of technology
Around the world via the Internet, and in the Coastal Carolinas from Jacksonville to Lumberton and from Wilmington to Myrtle Beach, WHQR is a trusted source for round-the-clock reporting of emergencies, informed and in-depth reporting of the news, and programming featuring cultural arts, music, and and local events.
Did You Know?
- WHQR was created in 1984 by a group of opera fans?
- Its first home was in a former bar and grill on Greenfield St.
- In 2014, the station purchased its third floor home in the Historic Warwick Building.
- Its current studios are at 254 N. Front Street in a 19th century textile factory and dry goods store.
- Production of our own weekly news and information program CoastLine began in 2014.
- WHQR has produced many syndicated programs, including A Season's Griot and Paco Strickland's Flamenco Café.
- In 2014, WHQR launced s second signal, providing 24 hour news, information and entertainment, as well as 24 hour music. Strengthening WHQR's classical music signal progress.
- WHQR's classical music signal is in progress.
- WHQR is community supported, receiving 90 % of its budget from its members, businesses and other local sources.
DID YOU KNOW? - Everything in bold has been accomplished or begun as part of the emPowering Our Future Campaign?
You too can help us continue and expand our services by giving a gift to the emPowering Our Future campaign HERE.
For additional details, email Jeff Hunter at email@example.com.
Stay in tune with everything happening at WHQR by subscribing to our weekly eNewsletter!