This page lists and/or directs to resources available to our community during the coronavirus outbreak. Resources will be updated regularly.
Click here to view WHQR's news coverage of the coronavirus.
Vaccines and testing:
For many, the most pressing current concerns are getting tested and vaccinated.
The best place to find information on when and where vaccines are available in New Hanover County is at the county's vaccine website, which you can find here.
Note: You can receive info about NHC, New Hanover Regional Medical Center (now under Novant), and Wilmington Health from the county's vaccine call line, or you can contact those providers directly.
- NHC Public Health: Vaccinations can be scheduled by calling 910-798-6800 when appointments are available. Schedule online: signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine
- NHRMC: Vaccinations can be scheduled at nhrmc.org/coronavirus or by calling (910) 662-2020 when appointments are available.
- MedNorth: Visit MedNorth.org or call 910-202-8617 for vaccine information.
- Wilmington Health: Vaccinations can be scheduled at WilmingtonHealth.com/COVIDvaccine or by calling (910) 407-5115 when appointments are available.
- Walgreens: Vaccinations can be scheduled online here for participating local Walgreen locations when appointments are available.
- Harris Teeter: Vaccinations can be scheduled online here for participating Harris Teeter locations when appointments are available.
Similiar information is available from Brunswick County here. For Pender County here.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has an online index of testing sites -- Find My Testing Place - NCDHHS
Other important resources:
North Carolina's Community Resources Page
New Hanover County’s Resources & Assistance Page
Brunswick County’s Community Assistance Page
Pender County’s Community Resource Page
New Hanover Disaster Coalition
Check My Symptoms - NCDHHS
Community Care North Carolina Covid-19 Triage Plus - 1-877-490-6642
RETOOLNC, NC Department of Administration Grant
NC Department of Commerce Mortgage, Utility and Rent Relief Fund (MURR)
NC Department of Commerce's Job Retention Grant (JRG)
NCDHHS Guidance for Businesses and Opertions
Count on Me Program
UNCW Swain Center Resources -- For Executive Education & Economic Development
NCDHHS Resources for Businesses and Employers
Brunswick County's Resources for Businesses
Support from the NC Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
Cape Fear Community College Small Business Center
Disaster Assistance Loan
NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery for Small Businesses
The Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- With New Hanover County, the Chamber has set up a Business Emergency Operations Center. The dedicated number for this Center is 910-762-2611. The email is email@example.com. This service is for any business in the region in need of assistance.
- NC Hope Program - For residents who are behind on rent or utilities due to Covid-19
NC Courts Update
Brunswick County Schools' Online Educational Resources/Video Tutorials
New Hanover County Schools' Social Distance Learning
Pender County Schools' ClassLink
NC Kids Digital Library
Text FOODNC to 877-877 to find free meal sites
Cape Fear Food Council
New Hanover County Food Assistance Resource Guide
New Hanover County Senior Resource Center
Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc.
New Hanover County Schools
Brunswick County Schools
Pender County Schools
Brigade Boys & Girls Club
Salvation Army of the Cape Fear
Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
Brunswick Family Assistance
Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) - NCDHHS
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program
Restaurants, Dine-out and Delivery:
- Click here to find out the latest about WAVE's transportation routes.
- To apply for unemployment insurance, visit the NC Department of Commerce’s website. There is specific information for filing due to COVID-19.
- Financial assistance help through Help Hub, by calling 910-769-5357.
- If you are a student or faculty member of UNCW and have questions about COVID-19, contact the Student Health Center at 910-962-3280 or 910-962-0587 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Counseling Center's number is 910-962-3746.
Share Cape Fear
United Way of the Cape Fear Area
Recovered COVID-19 patients can choose to donate their plasma to the Red Cross