The WHQR Board of Directors met on March 7th to review activities at the station and plan for the future. The group examined progress made in the Strategic Plan adopted in August-September 2012 and looked at timelines and some revisions of the plan's remaining goals.
The Board noted that 2 of the 5 goals of the plan had been met entirely or in large part in 2014, WHQR's 30th Anniversary year:
- Service Expansion: strengthening classical music and news through a new second signal (96.7 FM)
- Controlling Our Destiny: purchase of the 3rd floor offices and studios at 254 North Front Street
The remaining 3 goals show significant progress, but work still remains to be done:
- Digital Now: Serving new and existing audiences on traditional and new platforms
--web, podcasts, mobile, social media and more - wherever the audience can be found
- Community First: Local programming to serve local audiences
--the new CoastLine and enhanced local news
- Stability and Service: Solidifying stewardship of an indispensable community institution
--paying off long-term debt, establishment of the Legacy Society for planning giving, growth of net assets, creation of a Reserve Fund
Many thanks to the wonderful Board, staff, and supporting members of WHQR. The best is yet to come!