This page lists and/or directs to resources available to our community during the coronavirus outbreak. Resources will be updated regularly.
Click here to view WHQR's news coverage of the coronavirus.
Vaccines and testing:
For many, the most pressing current concerns are getting tested and vaccinated.
The best place to find information on when and where vaccines are available in New Hanover County is at the county's vaccine website, which you can find here.
Note: You can receive info about NHC, New Hanover Regional Medical Center (now under Novant), and Wilmington Health from the county's vaccine call line, or you can contact those providers directly.
- NHC Public Health: Vaccinations can be scheduled by calling 910-798-6800 when appointments are available.
- NHRMC: Vaccinations can be scheduled at nhrmc.org/coronavirus or by calling (910) 662-2020 when appointments are available.
- Wilmington Health: Vaccinations can be scheduled at WilmingtonHealth.com/COVIDvaccine or by calling (910) 407-5115 when appointments are available.
Similiar information is available from Brunswick County here.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has an online index of testing sites -- Find My Testing Place - NCDHHS
Other important resources:
- With New Hanover County, the Chamber has set up a Business Emergency Operations Center. The dedicated number for this Center is 910-762-2611. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is for any business in the region in need of assistance.
- NC Hope Program - For residents who are behind on rent or utilities due to Covid-19
- NCDHHS: Families can call the child care hotline (1-888-600-1685) to find local care options for infants through children age 12. Click here for more information.
- NCDHHS Child Care Information for Families
- Optum has a toll-free 24-hour Emotional Support Help Line at 1-866-342-6892
- Trillium is offering a 24hr helpline - 1-877-685-2415
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Wilmington (NAMI)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Hope4NC Helpline: 1-855-587-3463
- Hope4Healers Helpline (for first responders, healthcare workers on the frontlines of state's COVID-19 response) - 919-226-2002
- NCDHHS: COVID-19: Managing Your Overall Health
- Red Cross Virtual Family Assistance Center, for grieving families
Restaurants, Dine-out and Delivery:
- Take Out Central partners with locally owned restaurants to provide delivery service in Wilmington
- To find out who’s doing takeout, go to Wilmington Chamber of Commerce’s Wilmington Takeout Takeover
- Click here to find out the latest about WAVE's transportation routes.
- To apply for unemployment insurance, visit the NC Department of Commerce’s website. There is specific information for filing due to COVID-19.
- Financial assistance help through Help Hub, by calling 910-769-5357.
- If you are a student or faculty member of UNCW and have questions about COVID-19, contact the Student Health Center at 910-962-3280 or 910-962-0587 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Counseling Center's number is 910-962-3746.
Recovered COVID-19 patients can choose to donate their plasma to the Red Cross