Week of April 25: Primary candidate town halls, and breaking the silence on Olson-Boseman
On this episode, we'll get into two town halls held jointly by WHQR, WECT, and Port City Daily. Plus, after almost a year of issues surrounding New Hanover County Chair Julia Olson-Boseman, one commissioner finally addresses the topic.
Town hall for primary candidates in the New Hanover County Board of Education race:
- Watch here (WECT)
- Coverage from Port City Daily: School board candidates tackle hard-hitting questions in media town hall
Find details and submit questions for the Tuesday, May 3 town hall for primary candidates in the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners race here.
Coverage of Julia Olson-Boseman:
- Updated: Chair Olson-Boseman's resolution would strip raises from NHC commissioners who didn't support budget
- State Bar probes misconduct allegations against NHC Chair Julia Olson-Boseman; criminal investigation possible
- NHC Commission chair mismanaged and lied about client funds, State Bar alleges
- State financial prosecutor confirms ongoing investigation into NHC Chairwoman
- Despite years of unfiled reports and unpaid fines, NCSBE fails to take action against Julia Olson-Boseman
- Commissioner Olson-Boseman says she has now paid fines, filed overdue campaign finance paperwork
- Commissioner says embattled Chairwoman ‘should be nowhere near elected office’