Help Us Meet Our 2023 Fall Pledge Drive Goal!
We are so grateful to our listeners and supporters!
You can show your support for YOUR public radio station, the one in the Cape Fear Region that gives you the award-winning news and programs you rely on to stay informed and the beautiful classical music you love to listen to. When you pledge online or call 910-343-1138, you ensure that WHQR not only stays on the air, but also continues to grow.
As a thank you, you could receive an awesome thank-you gift —a mug or a long-sleeve t-shirt with a cool new design, a NY Times digital subscription, or a co-host role with George Scheibner or Jemila Ericson! Help us meet our goal and get your gift now.
Or when you make a donation of $500 or more, you'll have a pair of premier tickets for an Ira Glass performance of Seven Things I've Learned—plus you'll join Ira on the stage for a pre-show reception meet and greet. This special show is at UNCW's Kenan Auditorium is on November 11.
Don't miss this one-of-a-kind experience... all while supporting the public radio station that brings you This American Life and so many more thought-provoking and entertaining programs.
We are also running a fantastic sweepstakes along with our fall pledge drive! Pledge now or anytime until Tuesday, September 19, 2023 and you could win one of these great getaways:
- One-night stay for two
- Breakfast in acclaimed restaurant Herons
North Carolina’s only five-star resort
Luxurious two-story, 16,000-square-foot spa - completely renovated
Conceived and constructed with a passion for art and nature
Locally sourced cuisine
Stunning lakeside vista
More than a place to stay; it is a place to be explored in amazement
- Two-night stay for two
Sound and ocean views
Multiple bars and EAST Oceanfront Restaurant
Mission to make guests part of the community
*Pledge Drive Contest Rules:
- All current WHQR Sustaining Members are automatically entered. (Thank You Sustainers!)
- Anyone who calls or pledges online is automatically entered to win
- Only one entry per household.
- Employees of WHQR and their family members are not eligible to win.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The winner is solely responsible for any tax implications of winning the prize.
- Contests close at 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- The winner will be notified by phone or email
- You do not have to pledge to WHQR to enter the contest*
(To enter without making a pledge, please call 910-343-1640)