Latest Local News
District Attorney Ben David confirmed his office is ending a time-honored tradition -- gambling on the NCAA basketball tournament. The move came after David was asked by WHQR for comment about the annual ritual which, while widely popular, is also illegal in North Carolina.
More Local News
- Former state official killed in care home; lawsuit alleges neglect
- Déjà vu: Affordable housing study tells officials what most already know, so now what?
- $31-million contract awarded to repair Wilmington’s federal courthouse, damaged in Hurricane Florence
- NHCS Board votes to pull Rick Holliday's name from stadium
- CDC and FDA recommend pausing J&J vaccine, here’s what’s affected locally
- Cape Fear Collective addresses concerns over proposed data-sharing agreement with NHCS
Culture / Arts
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: Opera House Theatre Company
- Announcing the Spring Drive T-Shirt design winner!
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: Dreams Center for Arts Education
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: Azalea Festival
- Around Town with Rhonda Bellamy: New Elements Gallery
- (Virtual) Prologue: "Surviving Savannah" by Patti Callahan Henry, May 10th
- Indianapolis Sikh Community Mourns 4 Of Its Members Killed In Shooting
- Biden Welcomes Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga To White House
- Former Police Officer Says Training Methods For Cops Need To Change
- UVA Initiative Looks At Our Relationship With Statues And Memorials
- What New Sanctions Will Mean For The U.S. And Russia's Relationship
- Tensions Remain High As Derek Chauvin's Trial Nears End