Dear Friends of WHQR,
By proclamation of the Mayor of Wilmington and the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners, September 13th will officially be known as…WHQR DAY!
TODAY, September 13th, let us know you are part of the WHQR community by wearing an HQR sticker or button. Our 1st Annual WHQR Day will raise awareness for our emPowering Our Future campaign.
We want to SEE ALL OF YOU, ALL OVER TOWN, ALL DAY LONG!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & RSVP INFORMATION:
7:30 – 8:30am
WHQR Gallery & 91.3/92.7fm
254 N. Front Street, Downtown Wilmington
Mayor Bill Saffo and Commissioner Jonathan Barfield Proclaim September 13 "WHQR Day" at 7:50am
Join us for celebration and continental breakfast.
Limited space available.
5 :00– 8:00pm
Waterline Brewing Company
721 Surry Street, Under the Bridge, Downtown Wilmington
Join us to Celebrate WHQR Day and the emPowering Our Future Campaign.
Food Trucks. Music. Dancing. Celebration. Contests, Free T-Shirt Giveaways & More!
Stickers and buttons can be picked-up at the WHQR Studios (254 N. Front Street, 3rd floor) or at any of our partner locations:
- Albert F. Rhodes Jewelers
- Art in Bloom Gallery
- Atlantic Appliance and Hardware
- Bellamy Mansion
- Cape Fear Museum
- Cape Fear Spice Merchants
- Carolina Bay at Autumn Hall
- Flora Verdi
- Gallery of Oriental Rugs
- Great Harvest Bread Company
- Learning Express Toys
- Luna Caffe
- Milner’s Café & Catering
- Occasions…Just Write
- Ogden Optical Center
- Pomegranate Books
- Port City Java (Locations: Front&Grace, Oleander, Barclay Commons, Brunswick Forest, Porter's Neck, and 17th Street)
- San Juan Café
- Seasoned Gourmet
- Second Skin Vintage
- Stone Garden
- The Bra Shoppe
- Tidal Creek Co-Op
- Transplanted Garden
- UPS Store
- Wilson Center at CFCC
Steps to celebrating WHQR Day:
- Grab some for your friends.
- Say “Hi” when you see someone wearing a sticker, button, or t-shirt (or even if they aren't!).*
- Post your support and photos on social media using #WHQRday.
- Celebrate with us at our events (listed below) at WHQR or Waterline Brewery.
- Give yourself a high-five for supporting public radio in the Cape Fear region!
Follow us and tag your pictures: